- Upon completion of Harvest Essentials Workshop, any person professing personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior who has expressed that commitment visibly by being baptized, should indicate their desire for membership on the membership application form given at the close of the third class of Harvest Essentials Workshop. Complete this form and return it to one of our church Elders for further review and follow up.
- Once the application for membership is received the next step is an Elder interview. During the meeting with a church Elder, you as a prospective member will share your testimony of conversion to Christ, your baptism, and ask any remaining questions about the church.
- Your name will be placed in the bulletin or posted at the church for a period of two weeks. During this period members will be encouraged to clear up any relational or other difficulties which could hinder your ministry among us. This is done in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17 so that both you and the Harvest family will benefit.
- At the end of the two week period approved candidates will be welcomed into membership.
- I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
- I am committed to worship Christ. As part of my worship-lifestyle, attending either the Saturday or Sunday services at Harvest is a high priority for me. Further, I am financially supporting the ministry of our church by giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase
- I am continuing to walk with Christ and in fellowship with other Christ-followers through regular and personal study of the Bible, prayer, personal witness, involvement in a small group and by avoiding criticism of others and always seeking to biblically resolve any conflict in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17.
- I am at work for Christ and have found my place of service at Harvest. I am committed to fruitful ministry by using my spiritual gifts for God’s glory.
Hear Pastor Ben’s biblical teaching on church membership to learn more.
Belonging, fulfilment, relationship, encouragements…these are just some of the words that come to mind when we think of good reasons to join a church like Harvest. By joining, you will also know that you are following the pattern laid out in the Bible for followers of Jesus Christ.
Click here for: Membership Application
Harvest isn’t just a church with small groups…we’re a church of smalls groups!
At Harvest Bible Chapel our focus is on the quality of discipleship. Small groups is our main vehicle to make disciples, and our goal is to have 100% of our people in a small group. The purpose of these groups is to minister to one another through effective prayer, mutual accountability and the application of the Word of God to our lives.
Our goal at Harvest Bible Chapel is to grow quality disciples who desire to glorify God in every area of their life. One of the essentials in meeting this goal is to identify a place to serve within our church that fits with your spiritual giftedness and ministry passion.
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 4:10-11