The Discouraged Saint
Ten Lessons That We Can Apply to Our Lives
Even the strongest saints experience weakness. We all go through times of doubt, discouragement, and depression. The question is how do we deal with them?
- We can’t outrun our problems. We have to face them.
- Our highest mountain tops may be followed by our deepest valleys. Don’t let Jezebel take you by surprise.
- God does not give up on us as easily as we give up on Him!
- At the root of depression there is almost always an unmet expectation that you have to deal with. Identify the source of your disappointment.
- When you’re depressed, focus on taking one step at a time. Do the next right thing. A little movement is better than no movement at all.
- God is always working to accomplish His will and fulfill His divine purposes, even if we don’t see the results.
- Our work is not done until God tells us. Don’t give up. Don’t quit.
- We’re not alone, even when we feel like it. God always has a remnant of faithful believers, and we need to stick together.
- Take time to listen for the still small voice of God. One work from God is more powerful than an earthquake and can heal any broken heart.